Thursday, July 5, 2012

Grilled Corn with Lime-Cilantro Butter

I made this recipe for a 4th of July BBQ that I went to yesterday.  Since I knew the grill would be fully occupied with meat, I cooked the corn ahead of time in boiling water.  I think it would be great (and probably better) on the grill though!  The butter was amazing, the tangy lime added such a unique flavor to the corn.

8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
1/2 teaspoon lime zest
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
12 ears fresh corn, shucked


Combine the butter, lime juice, lime zest, sugar, salt, and cilantro in a medium bowl and mix well. Grill the corn on a medium-hot grill for 10 minutes or boil in water for 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Slather the butter all over the corn and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment